Stouffers - Chicken "chunks" were more like ground chicken; no cheese

Many of the chicken pieces in my Montery Chicken dinner were smaller than peas. Only two of the pieces came close to resembling those in the cover photo.

The cover photo shows cheese, and the ingredient list shows a Monterey Jack and cheddar blend, but there was no cheese evident in my dish.

I wrote Stouffer's and received an automated reply saying they would contact me with 24 hours. That was over a week ago, and I haven't heard from them since.

I had bought this dish before, and the serving was so skimpy (and also cheese-less) that I hesitated to buy it again. I only did so because I got off work late and didn't have time to cook, and I thought maybe I just got a "lemon" the first time. This time it is inexcusable. If I had it all to do over, I'd stop at a fast food place or have a bowl of cereal for supper.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

More Review Details

Monetary loss:
Product or service
Montery Chicken Dinner
Review category
Fast Food
review #490002

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Stouffers? Submit review ›
Helpful? 0 Yes 0 0 No 0
Had the same issue 1 Yes 1
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Jun 04, 2014 #823762 Gütersloh, North Rhine-Westphalia

I am probably going to get bashed for this as well, but I agree with anonymous, that does not look like ground chicken, I can see several chunks of chicken. You must have been living under a rock to not know that food is often enlarged to show texture and make it more appealing.

May 27, 2014 #820655 Chattanooga, Tennessee

In fairness to Stouffer's, I must say that they sent me the letter and coupons before I complained on this site; I just didn't receive them until today. The problem was just a miscommunication: I expected another email, and they sent USPS mail, which took a few days to reach me. They did respond promptly and fairly to my original complaint.

May 27, 2014 #820651 Chattanooga, Tennessee

Stouffer's replied to my complaint by sending me a coupon for a free meal of my choice. They also included several smaller coupons. Since I like their French Bread pizza and can use my free coupon on it, that works for me.
They also promised to forward my complaint to the appropriate department to see how to prevent such things in the future.

Jun 04, 2014 #823759

That is too bad because it is not up to them to feed you, but up to your parent, make sure you give the coupon to your parents so they can buy more food for you.

May 27, 2014 #820650 Chattanooga, Tennessee

Dear anonymous smart aleck, perhaps your mommy and daddy failed to teach you that there is no need to be nasty and make unwarranted assumptions. I didn't say it was ground chicken; the heading says it was "more like ground chicken," which makes the point that the pieces were tiny. My actual comments describe the chicken accurately.
And I hate to disappoint you, but I didn't eat any of the chicken before I took the picture. If I had eaten a piece, I would have said so to keep from unfairly representing the meal. In fact, the only reason the potatoes aren't pictured is because I had taken a *** of them before I decided to take a picture and felt that a photograph of a partial serving would be unfair to Stouffer's.
To answer your question, yes they know I made this post.

Jun 04, 2014 #823755

If you don't like nasty comments I suggest you get off this site. It looks nothing like ground chicken. The pieces were not tiny. Your parents obviously did not teach you to be honest, and this also makes me wonder if you are lying about eating part of the chicken. Then you play with words to make it seem you are not accusing them of giving you ground chicken. Well honey this is a frozen dinner, not a five star restaurant, you get what you pay for.

May 24, 2014 #819660

Get mommy or daddy to explain to you what ground chicken is, because that is not ground chicken. Also do they know you made this post? I admit that there is not as much chicken as it shows on the package(most likely you ate several pieces before taking the picture) but that is not ground chicken.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Stouffers. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

You were reading a complaint about Stouffers.
Filing a new complaint about