4.0

I've been eating this for at least 20 years. Lately (2015) the color, texture and amount have changed for the worse.

The color of orange that used to look like real cheddar cheese, now looks like some kind of fake neon orange color. The texture does not seem to thicken-up like it used too. The sauce is runny and thin, even after microwaving it longer. There are less noodles.

This used to be my go-to yummy meal for lunch at work, or anytime. Not any more.

I kept buying it, thinking it's not that bad, but today I had to revolt. I see Nestle owns Stouffers, I think this might explain it!

Reason of review: Bad quality.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I didn't like: Neon orange color, Runny sauce, Less noodles.

Comments

Took two bites then dumped it in garbage

I’ve been eating Stouffers my entire life. I noticed the change in their Mac and Cheese too.

I wouldn’t say it’s gross or disgusting though. Definitely not as good, but not too bad.

to Jack #1450529

As I Arthur this reply, I am trying quill my rage and disappointment. I first noticed the difference in the Stouffer's macaroni and cheese recipe about six months ago and thought to myself what the heck is going on here?

What is this stuff?

On my very next shopping trip I started to seek out a substitute and found one believe it or not Walmart Great Value brand macaroni and cheese is spot-on Stouffer's you need to be ashamed of yourself letting Walmart Great Value generic brand put out a better product. Stouffer's brand macaroni and cheese has been a part of Americana just like hot dogs and apple pie shame on you guys.

to Jim #1480112

I bought Stouffers Macaroni and Cheese like I have been doing for years. Used to love it.

Something is not right now. I also bought the Chipped Beef.

I hope that one tastes okay, but haven't opened it yet. I will definitely not be buying anymore of their Macaroni and Cheese, and if they changed the Chipped Beef, I won't be buying any of that, either.

I also have been eating this for decades. They cheese is now so watery and tastes disgusting.

My family used to eat 4-5 boxes a month. I just threw the rest of them out.

I agree. I just tried the new version and its disgusting!!

I too have eaten this for years. It tastes like a box of processed ick!!

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1247263

Nestles bought out Stouffers and has completely ruined the food line...the lasagna,mac and cheese and I do not even think they make the spinach souffle anymore...Thank you Nestle for using sub-par ingredients for more corporate profit....even your chocolate sucks

Oh please people, mac n cheese hasnt changed since day 1, i think you all may be getting bad batches.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks their Mac & Cheese is different. It used to be the best - even better than that I got in restaurants.

Just in the last month or so the ones I've bought are very different. They now suck!

I was fond of Stoffers mac and cheese, but recently they ruined it. Perhaps if sales decline due to the change they'll go back to making what used to be the best frozen ready-made mac and cheese available. I wish I could put up with it but I'm cursed with extemely good sense of taste and I just can't eat it!

Same here. Judt bought the mac and cheese.

The cheese sauce has changed. Im very upset.

Why didnt you just leave it alone? I guess i wont be buying it anymore.

to Anonymous #1003305

Ditto here!!! It's awful!

What happened? I was so disappointed!

I will have to switch now, but to what? Help!

to Anonymous #1459384

Trader Joes used to make a comparable.Stouffers was Always best in the oven but no more!